Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Introduction!

My name is Gary McGuire. I am 23 years old and currently a student majoring in Space Physics. I have been going to community college for about 3 years now, and starting at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Fall. After my bachelor's degree, I hope to pursue a Ph.D in Theoretical Physics. I hope to one day teach university level physics and do private research on the side.

I was married to my beautiful, loving wife Heather on November 7, 2009. I'm lucky to have her in my life, for she supports me in my educational goals and even helps me stay motivated when my studies seem unbearable due to the nature of my major.

As far as what I do for fun? Well... during the semester I try to go rock climbing 2-3 days a week to help manage my stress and keep me calm, as it is therapeutic for me. I also play the occasional video game if time permits (which in my case is rare). When we can afford it, my wife and I bowl. She's been doing it for years and years, and she's been teaching me... I still stink.... But hey, at least it's something that my wife and I enjoy doing together!

Well, that just about sums it up for me... a typical, nerdy, physics geek!

No comments:

Post a Comment